Sunday, October 05, 2008

"15 Months Old"

Can you believe that my baby girl is 15 months old? I know I can't and I'm still in denial that I no longer have a baby, but a toddler now! Of course, Abigail will always be "the baby" to Mommy & Daddy until there is another baby in the family. Don't worry, we aren't even thinking about another baby yet! Abigail weighs 19 lbs. 2 0z. and is 28 " long! She's in the 5th percentile for both weight and length. However, she's really not quite 28" but close enough. Abigail is running around everywhere now! She loves books! However, her attention span is still very short, so the books have to be short and sweet with very few words. Abigail babbles non-stop and is learning new words everyday. However, I'm still patiently waiting for my baby to say "ma ma!"
Yes, it's true that you don't even get to enjoy taking a shower without a visitor once you have children!

"Oops, mommy caught me!"

"I'm soaking wet!"

And, she's off again for more shower fun!

James & I had been talking about getting a potty for Abigail just to introduce her to the idea of potty training after we noticed Abigail hides when she's pooping. So, Mimi bought Abigail her very own potty! Along with some potty traing books of course! I can hear "Elmo can use the potty," in my head in my sleep!


Don't worry James isn't really going to the bathroom, he's just sitting on the toilet so Abigail would sit on her potty. Abigail actually went pee pee in the potty! I know it was not on purpose and more likely a result of the running bath water, but still Abigail went pee pee in the potty! What a big girl!


The pediatrician reminded me that I need to start brushing Abigail's teeth. I was surprised that she didn't fight me putting something in her mouth. Of course, the toothpaste is berry flavored so that helps. Now, the only problem is to remember to brush Abigail's teeth everyday. As you can see from the pic, I welcomed a break from folding clothes!

More teeth brushing!

4 comments:

Mike and Jess Richey said...

Hi Ashley! Glad to see you via the blogging world! =) These pictures of Abigail are precious!

Emily said...

I love the picture of James and Abigail on the potties. That cracked me up when I saw it. I can't believe she went! Amazing.

She is adorable!

The Steele Family said...

Thanks for the updates- finally. I know I am not one to talk. I love how you felt compelled to mention the clothes on the couch in the background. I always have to think about that before I snap or post any pictures too.

Harrell Family said...

Wow she is growing so fast!!! It's so great to see such happiness on her face!