Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Keeping the Faith!"

My heart is breaking for so many people around me!!  I have friends losing loved ones to cancer, friends who's loved ones are fighting cancer, friends who have lost their jobs, and friends who are dealing with depression!!  I am reminded of the state of our economy every time I turn on the t.v. or get on msn.com, but it's really starting to hit home!  My dad was laid off in October and just now found another job!   
James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds. Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  
This scripture has been on my heart all week because it's during the difficult times that we really grow in our faith!  Although, during those difficult times you can become numb or just simply too weak and that's when you need to be carried by your brothers & sisters in Christ!  Please join me in praying for all those who are going through difficult trials in their lives!  Take the time to let those know that you care and that you are praying for them!

I can not blog with out of course posting some pics of Abigail!  So, to help brighten your day, here are some cute pics of my little sunshine!
Abigail playing outside!

Abigail sporting her sunglasses!  Pushing the glasses on top of the head is a new thing, but it's cute!

Abigail reading her "Thomas the Train" book, and yes still wearing her sunglasses!

Abigail went to work with Daddy one day last week, so I could rest and get over a sinus infection!  I NEVER put Abigail in blue because I think it's boyish, but she had to wear her shirt just like Daddy!  

2 comments:

Mike and Jess Richey said...

What a great post Ashley! You are so right, there is purpose in trials! God is making us stronger! Thank you for the reminder!

Preecemom said...

Thanks Ashley. That was just what I needed to hear!
Hope Abigail is still doing good, you guys are in our prayers.