Monday, May 11, 2009

"Another Day at the Zoo!!"

Last week, my sister & I took the kids to the zoo again!  We decided to go first thing in the morning before their nap times!  Abigail likes looking at the animals, but still won't get too close and clings to me for dear life!  After walking around looking at all the big animals, we took the kids to the "children's zoo" for them to run around and play!  We brought their swimsuits this time so they could play in the water!  Abigail & Gannon had a blast playing in the water!  My sister & I were smart this time and brought lunches from home!  The only downfall to going earlier in the day is there's lots of kids on field trips!  Abigail was lucky she didn't get trampled on by the big kids at the play ground!  We even managed to squeeze in a ride on the train before we headed home!  The one picture I had taken of Abigail & I riding the train will not download from my camera for some reason, so frustrating!  Abigail & Gannon were both exhausted and were asleep as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot!  Abigail actually slept for 3 1/2 hours= one happy mommy!  
Friday morning, my sister & I took the kids to the Children's Museum at the mall to let them play and then the museum had a "parachute play" time!  The parachute reminded me of my childhood when we would play with the parachutes during P.E. class!  We couldn't eat at the mall without eating Chick-fil-A for lunch of course!  Abigail ate all 4 of her chicken nuggets, which usually never happens!  Then, I watched Abigail & Gannon play at "The Tree" while my sister did some shopping!  It was a little stressful trying to keep my eyes on two toddlers that were running in opposite directions!  I would NEVER let Abigail play at "The Tree" until recently!  I figured she's a toddler and in & around all kinds of germs all the time anyways, so what the heck!  However, I do pull out the baby wipes and wipe Abigail down as soon as we get in the car!  It totally grosses me out to see parents letting their babies who are crawling & not walking yet, crawl around on "The Tree"!  By the way, The Children's Museum at the mall is a perfect place to take your kids to get some energy out!  I accomplished my mission once again of wearing my toddler out so she would take a nice long nap so I could have some "Mommy time!"   
On another note, I had a wonderful Mother's Day!!  I'm disappointed to say that I did not take any pictures to capture the day, nope not one picture!  I have been sooo bad about taking pictures lately!  The day started by meeting James's parents for breakfast a Cracker Barrel before church!  After church, Abigail was ready for a nap & so were Mommy & Daddy!  I made my first Blackberry Cobbler using fresh blackberries that James & I picked at our farm on Saturday!  I'm always nervous about making things I've never made before and serving to other people, but I must admit that Blackberry Cobbler was GOOD!  Then Sunday evening, we had a shrimp boil with my family at my parent's house and then went swimming!  What a wonderful day spending time with family!    

Abigail & Gannon playing in the water!


1 comment:

Caryn said...

What? another trip to the zoo without calling?! Looks like you have been having a good time lately! Cute pictures! Sometimes it is liberating to not have your camera, and can enjoy things more. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! You are a great momma! Keep up the good work. Miss you!