Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Abigail's 2nd Birthday Family Party"

Last year for Abigail's 1st Birthday, we had a BIG birthday party at our house!  When I say BIG, I mean 50 + adults and 13+ children!  I wanted to have a big birthday party for her 1st birthday, especially since she was our little miracle baby and so many friends & family were praying for Abigail while she was in the hospital after being born early!  The birthday party was awesome, but I promised myself I wasn't going to go to so much trouble next time!
So, this year Abigail is having 2 birthday parties!  One party with her little friends & one party with our family!  Well, I can't even tell you how much time I spent on the computer looking for the perfect themes & perfect invitations!  For the family party, I settled on a cute little Lady Bug theme & had the family over for hamburgers, cake, & ice cream!  
Sunday night, was Abigail's birthday party with our family!  Abigail actually shares the same birthday with her Uncle Barry, who will turn 32 this year!  My family is a house full of people all by themselves!  We had 13 adults & 4 children and we were missing several people!  Abigail had a blast playing with her cousins outside in the backyard and inside with all of her toys!  Abigail got lots of adorable clothes for her birthday from her Mimi, Grandma, Aunt Lindsay & Aunt Sandra!  A little girl can never have too many clothes right?  Abigail got a Baby Alive doll, which comes with her own potty!  The baby is suppose to help teach little girls about going to the potty!  I'll let you know if it works!  Abigail loves to feed the doll, it's so cute to watch her play mommy!  Abigail wasn't sure what to think about the candles on her cake & was too scared to blow them out!  However, Abigail did love eating her birthday cake!  I am disappointed to say that I don't have any pictures of Abigail eating her birthday cake!  I'll be sure to take some at her next party, which is this Saturday!     

Cake Table

The birthday cake!!  It was delicious, but way too big!  I sent some cake home with some of the family & actually ended up throwing quite a bit away because I didn't want to keep eating the cake!
Family pic, we couldn't get Abigail to smile for the camera!

You can tell Abigail's a little nervous in this picture!

Abigail reading one her new books!  She loves books!

Abigail checking out her new baby doll!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! I'm so glad her family party was so much fun. I love the ladybug theme, and the cake was so cute! Enjoy party #2!

Lacey said...

I can't believe she is TWO!!!! Happy Birthday Abigail!!

Todd & Kimberly Fagan said...

How fun!!! Looks like you did a great job!

ChrissyK said...

Awww. Happy Birthday Abigail!!!

Preecemom said...

Super cute lady bugs! And Abigail is just as adorable as always.