Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Christmas 2009!"

Christmas 2009 is in the books! I love Christmas time, but wish it could be more simple and get back to the meaning of what Christmas is really about, the birth of Jesus Christ our Savior! I love all the Christmas traditions of decorating trees, lights, Santa, gingerbread houses, etc.! However, it's the presents & the hustle & bustle of the Christmas holiday that needs tweaking! It's interesting how you view everything different as a parent! I don't want Abigail to get all wrapped up in the world's view of what Christmas is or become a spoiled child who thinks she should get everything she asks for for Christmas! Abigail noticed the Christmas tree & lights more this year, but didn't seem to care one way or another! She went to see Santa, but didn't understand the whole idea of Santa bringing presents! Abigail loved opening her Christmas presents, but was a bit overwhelmed and didn't understand why she was opening presents! She did learn at church & from us that God sent us Jesus, so for now that's Abigail's understanding of Christmas!
We celebrated Christmas with Papa & Grandma Christmas Eve at lunch! Then, we celebrated Christmas with the Pearson family at my Grandmother's house Christmas Eve night! My Grandmother loves baking all kinds of fudge & cookies at Christmas time! She makes the best chocolate pie & potatoe salad hands down! Christmas morning was spent at home with just our little family, which was nice! We went to Mimi & Honey's house for lunch & to celebrate with my family! Then, we stopped by James's extended family's Christmas celebration!
Abigail was very overwhelmed & overstimulated from all the new toys & long days! She got lots of baby dolls, baby beds, baby strollers, etc.! We could run a daycare for baby dolls with all the stuff we have, but Abigail loves it all! Christmas 2009 was wonderful & we are truly blessed! However, next year we will make an attempt to make things less hectic in order to enjoy & meditate on the true meaning of Christmas instead of getting wrapped up into pleasing everyone!

Abigail Christmas Day @ Mimi & Honey's with baby doll!

Abigail with baby doll @ 4 lbs.!! It's crazy to believe the doll was bigger than her!!

"I can't get this baby doll out, can someone please help me?"

Daddy reading Abigail a new book she got for Christmas!

Pearson Family Christmas! I am bad about taking pictures & always tell myself that I'm going to regret someday not having more pictures of my Grandmother with my little family!

Abigail @ Papa & Grandma's having a tea party with her baby doll!

"Look, it's a new baby!"

1 comment:

Mike and Jess Richey said...

Awww, what sweet pictures! I love the videos!