Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Baby #2 Update!"

This pregnancy has started off different from my last pregnancy, so hopefully that's a good thing! I was having symptoms this time around before I missed my period, which was different! When I called my doctor's office to schedule my OB appointment, the lady on the phone had me come in at 4 weeks, which I thought was weird! However, I was happy about going in to see the doctor earlier! I wanted to have my progesterone levels checked to make sure I wouldn't need progesterone supplements because I had to take them during my 1st trimester with Abigail! My hcg levels showed an early pregnancy, no surprise there! I went in last week for blood work again just to double check the hcg levels & the levels had increased quite a bit, which made me get nervous that there was more than one baby! Today, we went for an ultrasound and I'm only measuring 5 1/2 weeks, so I'm a week off! I was a little disappointed because I really wanted to see the heartbeat, but I had to remind myself the only thing that matters was that everything looks good! I didn't see my Dr. because there was no reason to see him since there weren't any concerns! So, I'll go back in two weeks for another ultrasound, hopefully we'll get to see the heartbeat then! I'm still waiting to hear back on my progesterone levels, but since I haven't had any spotting this time around, I'm taking that as a good sign that my levels are okay! I have been off my blood pressure meds for two weeks now and my blood pressure has been good! Praise God!!! I've been exercising, drinking lots of water & no caffeine, and watching my sodium! I'm trying to take better care of myself this time around! I was hoping to post ultrasound pics, but there's not much to see yet!

3 comments:

Jennifer Lopez said...

Ashley, I am so happy for you. Take it easy and let God lead you during this wonderful time. Be careful not eat things to make your hormones go wacky. I am praying for you and your little baby and family daily and I am so very blessed to have you as one of my dearest, bestest friends. Love you girl.

Lacey said...

Sorry you didn't get to see what you were hoping for but I know you will see that little baby next week!! :) Glad your blood pressure is doing well. You are doing an awesome job taking care of this little one and just as important, yourself!! You go girl! We are thrilled for your family and can't wait to meet the newest addition next Fall. :)

Mike and Jess Richey said...

We are so happy for you Ashley! God is so good!