Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"While I'm Waiting..."

Today I went for another ultrasound and doctor's appointment. James & I were excited and looking forward to the ultrasound and seeing the heartbeat for the first time. Well, as I laid there I started panicking when the amniotic sac looked empty from what I could see. The ultrasound tech reassured me and pointed out where the baby is, it's just measuring small. Basically, I should be measuring 8 weeks & 3 days from my last period, but I'm only measuring 6 weeks & 3 days. There was a little flicker, which could be the heartbeat. I of course being a girl started crying & freaking out.

The doctor explained that it could be one of two things: either I ovulated later or there's a possibility that the pregnancy could result in a miscarriage. I'm thankful that I know my doctor and that he goes to my church because he told me God's in control and knows the plan for this baby either way it goes. I know that God is in control and whatever happens is all part of God's will and his plan.
So, in the meantime I wait. I'll go for weekly ultrasounds and will see the doctor again in two weeks. I haven't had any spotting this pregnancy, but I am having to take progesterone supplements again because my progesterone levels were low. It's a hard place to be in to just have to sit and wait to see what happens. I'm not a patient person at all.
John Waller's song While I'm Waiting came to mind today:

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on you, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve you
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on you, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on you, Lord

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds. Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that it may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

5 comments:

Kristyn said...

Ash, God knows what is best. I know you know that. He's in total control!! I will be praying for you and that sweet baby.

Emily said...

Oh Ashley, I'm so sorry! Please know that we will be praying for you. I pray He fills you with peace and patience during this time!

Lacey said...

Oh Ashley. I have been there one too many times so I know how you are feeling and I am sorry. I know that sinking heart feeling. But, go to my blog and read my VERY FIRST blog entry in February of 2008. Hadley by science should not be here. We saw what appeared to be a tiny baby that had shrunk with a fliker of a heartbeat instead of a strong beat and then went in for an u/s a week later before my d&C (to make sure the heart had completley stopped beating) to see a strong healthy baby. God is in control. I hope that you get a little Miracle. I will be praying for you.

KBenke said...

Ashley,
I will definitely be praying for you guys!!

Mike and Jess Richey said...

Praying Ashley! Praying for peace that that only He can provide.