Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Baking fun with Mommy!!"

Last week while I was shopping at Target, the spring time cupcake mix caught my eye! I was looking through the Easter section of the store & found the cupcake mix and thought it would be fun to make some cupcakes with Abigail! I LOVE to bake, but don't bake that often because it's too tempting for me! I thought it would be fun to let Abigail help me make the cupcakes even if it just included her stirring the batter! Abigail was very excited about making the cupcakes and didn't understand that we had to wait until Daddy got home and after we ate dinner to make them! Toddlers have no concept of time, so she kept asking me every 5 minutes! Abigail was so excited about eating the cupcakes that she didn't understand that they had to cook in the oven before we could eat them! I kept having to distract her by playing her toys to keep her mind off the cupcakes in the oven! Abigail was so excited to eat her cupcake with icing & sprinkles! She just wanted to lick the icing off the top, she didn't want the cake part! Silly girl! Later that night, she complained that her tummy hurt! I guess she ate too much icing! Oops! I gave her a children's tums & she went right to sleep! Abigail really liked the tums & thought it was candy because she has told me everyday since that her tummy hurts! What a sneaky little girl! I had so much fun baking with my little girl!

Spring time cupcakes with sprinkles!

Abigail stirring the batter!

She had so much fun!

Licking the batter off the spoon!

Cooling off before we put the icing on the cake!

Finished product!

Abigail & Daddy are ready to dig in!

Abigail is one happy little girl now! Yummy!!

3 comments:

Preecemom said...

How cute! She's getting so big.

Jen said...

Yum, those look good! Morgan likes to lick the spoon too....I wonder how bad it is that raw eggs are in the mix...but we all did it and survived! Such cute pictures!

Mike and Jess Richey said...

Awww, so cute! Abigail looks so big in these pictures!