Friday, March 12, 2010

"Hello Again!"

I have been so bad about blogging lately! I keep up with all of my friends blogs, but I've also been too lazy to leave comments lately! What is wrong with me? So, I'm going to work on stepping up on posting on my blog & leaving comments on my friends blogs that I follow! I know still have people who follow my blog, so I need to give them something to read! We've had some rough times in the Fehrle household, but things are slowly getting better! I was literally going through the whole miscarriage for almost a month, so I finally broke down and got a D&C! I wish I would have done the D&C from the beginning because the recovery wasn't bad at all and it would have been a lot less physically & emotionally draining! Oh well! Right after I recovered from my procedure, Abigail got sick with yet another ear infection! We were in the doctor's office and her fever got up to 104.5, that was scary! This is the 3rd or 4th infection since the one tube fell out & her little body is becoming immune to antibiotics, so she has to get shots! Abigail will be getting her 3rd set of tubes on March 29th! Third times a charm right? I was a little hesitant about having to do another surgery, but I can't let my little girl live in constant pain either! The surgery is no big deal, so we just need to get it done and move on! Then on Monday, I discovered that a raccoon had made a hole in our roof in order to get into the attic! I had been telling James I thought I heard something in the attic, but he just made fun of me and said it was probably a big frog since he knows I'm terrified of frogs! Well, I guess I was right! Thankfully it was a male, so there weren't any baby pups this time! So, now we have to argue with the insurance company because they only want to replace half the roof! How do you replace half a roof? I'm pretty sure that we would get in trouble by The Woodlands Community Association for sure! Anyways, those are the fun times we've been having at the Fehrle household! It's been tough, but it's nothing compared to losing a loved one or a little one to nasty illnesses! I'm continue to thank God every day for the things we do have because we have so much to be thankful for all the time! I love this beautiful spring time weather & getting to enjoy God's beautiful creation when I look around at everything blooming all around me! I want to encourage all of you to find something you are thankful for today and stop and take time to thank our Heavenly Father for those beautiful gifts he's given us!


2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Well I am glad that you are well now and back to blogging!! We need to get together soon. Maybe the week after spring break. I know that we will be super busy that week. Jayce will be glad to play with Abigail. :)

Lacey said...

What a sweet post Ashley. Sorry you ended up with the d&c also, but I am glad the recovery was easy on you. And sorry about little Miss's ears. Poor girl!

Ah...yes spring time weather. Kinda just makes you smile and be thankful, doesn't it?

Hope you guys have a great weekend!