Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"Easter 2010!"

We celebrated Easter all weekend long! On Friday night, I went to dinner with some girlfriends for some much needed girl time! Saturday morning, we went to Grandma & Papa's farm to celebrate! Grandma had Abigail's Easter basket waiting for her! We ate lunch & then let Abigail hunt for Easter eggs! Abigail had so much fun hunting for the eggs! We tried to take some pictures of Abigail in the bluebonnets, but she wasn't in the mood! She had fun playing with her Daddy's train set from when he was a little boy! Abigail loves to ride in the mule & look at the cows, but doesn't like to get too close to them!

Sunday morning, James & I served in the nursery at church! After church, we had a little egg hunt for the kids! It's funny how it took us a long time to hide the eggs, but less than 5 minutes for all the eggs to be found! Abigail quickly discovered that there was candy inside the eggs! We headed to Mimi & Honey's house for lunch with my family! Abigail got to hunt for Easter eggs again with her cousins! Abigail loves her cousins & has so much fun playing with them! I'm so thankful that we all live so close & that they're all around the same ages! Abigail did not have a nap & ate candy all day long, so by the end of the day she had a complete meltdown! Abigail woke up Monday morning asking for candy for breakfast! So, while Daddy was at work & Abigail was taking a nap, I put away all the Easter decorations & threw away ALL the candy!
I'm so thankful for the true meaning of Easter! I'm thankful for the GIFT of the cross & my salvation! I'm overwhelmed by the unconditional love that my God has for me! HE LIVES!!
It was on an Easter Sunday, when I was about 10 year old, that I pulled on my Dad's arm to walk down to the alter to pray asking Jesus into my heart as my personal savior! I remember that day every Easter as if it were yesterday! I'm so thankful for the gift of mercy & grace! Thank you Jesus!
Abigail was all smiles waiting for the Easter bunny, but ran off crying when it was her turn to sit in his lap!

Abigail hunting for Easter eggs at Mimi & Honey's house!

Mimi with her Grandkids showing off her Easter bunny cake! My mom has made this cake every year since I can remember!

Tristan & Abigail eating candy after the egg hunt at church!

Abigail's Easter basket from the Easter Bunny!

Abigail hunting eggs at Grandma & Papa's farm!

We had to put her boots on because the grass was so tall!

She is on a mission!

Abigail & Daddy in the bluebonnets! She wasn't in the mood for pictures!

3 comments:

Mike and Jess Richey said...

Aww, what sweet pictures!

Kristyn said...

I'm glad that you had a great Easter. Great pics!! I just can't believe how much she is growing up.

andie said...

i really enjoyed reading this. thanks for posting. I love the long pink and white dress on Abigail!!! the one with the lace bottom! she looked so pretty in it!