Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Mother's Day 2010!"

Mother's Day 2010 was bitter sweet for me. I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed in church Sunday morning as I watched the families dedicating their children & babies. I was thinking, we would have been dedicating our own baby at the next dedication had I not miscarried. I am so thankful for my daughter & the beautiful gift she is to me. However, I have just been struggling these last few months waiting for my body to heal so we can expand our little family. I have to be honest, it's difficult for me to not be obsessive about it. I think having a miscarriage just makes you want to be pregnant again that much more. I have to give this struggle over to God daily because I know that he's in control & has a plan. I need to just be at peace & know that his timing is perfect, but it's easier said then done.
Okay, back to Mother's Day. We had breakfast with James's mom. We picked up breakfast & took it to them because James's dad is still recovering from his surgery. After church, we went to celebrate with my mom & family. My family never does ANYTHING on time, which is stressful on me. My grandmother wanted to go to the park with the kids, so that's what we did. I had so much fun watching the kids play. I wish I would have taken my camera. We also met my younger brother's girlfriend. It was a long day & Abigail did not have a nap, so it was an early night for us!
My flowers from James & Abigail! I also got chocolate covered strawberries!

This is the best picture I was able to get with my little girl!

This is what Abigail was doing while I was getting ready for church!

My little monkey swinging on the treadmill!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ashley I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling...I know this is difficult. It sounds like you had a good mother's day with sweet Abigail...I love the picture of her swinging on the treadmill!

Lacey said...

Sounds like you had a great Mothers day. I wanted to tell you that I know EXACTLY how you feel with wanting to be pregnant after a miscarriage. I was the same way with each one. Getting pregnant again just seemed to ease the pain of loosing the other baby. It will happen. And when it does you will know why you have gone through what you have to get that next special little child. HUGS in the meantime. I know patience and giving control over is hard to do. Hang in there Mama!

andie said...

Ashley, I pray God honor's your faithfulness. You are a beautiful person. Thank you for sharing your heart.