Friday, August 20, 2010

August 17th!

August 17th, is the day we got to bring Abigail home from the hospital after being in the N.I.C.U. for 8 weeks! It's a date I'll never forget! So, to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of bringing my daughter home, here are some pictures of the day we brought our precious baby girl home! Although it was difficult while Abigail was in the N.I.C.U., the time really went by fast!
A few weeks ago, I was watching a show on the discovery health channel called N.I.C.U. & there was a baby girl on there who was born about the same weight as Abigail with the same heart condition. However, the little girl on the show had to have the open heart surgery to repair her PDA while she weighed less than 2 lbs.! As I sat there watching this show, I had tears rolling down my face because I could have been in that situation sending my tiny baby off to have open heart surgery. I'm so thankful that God was in control & gave Abigail the strength to thrive despite the PDA. It was God who allowed her to thrive & grow. Thank you God for not giving me more than I could handle at the time Abigail was born too soon! Thank you God for my precious gift from you! My prayer for Abigail is that she will come to know you at a young age!
Abigail 4 lbs. 3 oz.!


4 comments:

Lacey said...

So sweet Ashley. She is a little doll. And I am so happy too she didn't have to have heart surgery. :) Came in to the world that little and look at her now!! God is definitely good!

ChrissyK said...

Awww, Love it!

I think that it is amazing when you have a reminder of what could have been and then you realize how God protected you. So amazing. God is good.

You and James both have NOT aged at all. Lucky!!!

Love you and thank you for your sweet friendship. I wish I got to be around you more often.
But I just wanted you to know that I think you are a strong woman who is very positive and encouraging to others around you and that is a very rare quality that very little possess. Thank you for who you are. :O)

Kristyn said...

so sweet! I'm glad that God is always in control! He has such a bigger plan for our lives and I know He has big plans for her life! She's such a sweetie and I'm glad for your friendship!

Jen said...

What a wonderful day to remember! I can't believe how tiny she was...So wonderful that she's happy and healthy and full of life! Hope you are all doing well!