Friday, August 20, 2010

Recent happenings in the Fehrle Household

Ever since Abigail went to my niece's birthday party at the roller rink, she wanted her Daddy to take her roller skating. A few weeks ago, James got home from the farm a little early so we decided to take her roller skating. Abigail only skated for about 20 minutes & she was done. She didn't understand why there wasn't cake. Abigail remembered getting cake at the birthday party after skating for a little while & she expected to get cake again. She wasn't happy when she realized she wasn't getting cake. Abigail has her Mommy's sweet tooth for sure!

Last week, was a busy week! Monday night James & I bought a new car, a 2010 Ford Expedition. Well, it's technically used. We had been looking at cars off & on for a while. Once we decided what we wanted we started looking online & found some that we wanted to go look at in Tomball. We wanted something used with very low mileage because we plan on keeping it for a very long time. We did not trade my car in because the dealership didn't want to give us much for it, so James posted it on Craigslist. We had my old car sold within a few days. Selling my old car was bittersweet for me because it was the first big purchase I made on my own after college. Plus, we brought Abigail home from the hospital in that car. However, it was fun seeing the big smile on a teenage boy's face when he was getting to drive his 1st car away. I love my new car & plan on driving it until the wheels fall off!

Last Thursday was Abigail's 1st day back at dance. She is taking ballet at Boni's again this year & has Mrs. Boni as her teacher. Abigail was excited about going back to dance, but was looking for the same teacher she had last time and didn't understand why she wasn't going in the same room again. Thankfully Abigail went right into her class without a problem & did great! It's good practice for when she starts preschool in a few weeks because she won't know her teachers of have any friends in her class. Abigail is a social butterfly, so she'll do fine!
1st day of ballet 2010-2011 season! Abigail has Mrs. Boni as her teacher!

Warming up!

My old car!

My new car!

Getting ready to roller skate with Daddy!

No comments: