Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast @ Sonkids 2010

On Monday, James & I went to the Thanksgiving Feast at Abigail's preschool. We didn't know what to expect since this is Abigail's 1st year at Sonkids, but we had so much fun! Abigail & her classmates were dressed as little indians. The teachers gave each of them an indian name & Abigail's indian name was "Dancing Bee." Abigail's teachers are always laughing about how much Abigail loves to sing & dance. The tables were all decorated with fall decorations & crafts our children had made at school. We were all asked to bring food for the kids, teachers, & parents. What child doesn't love chick-fil-a chicken nuggets? Well the preschool staff also brought food, so there was all kinds of food for the teachers & the parents. Needless to say we had a lot of food leftover. Abigail had a blast eating lunch with Mommy & Daddy!
James walked her back to her class while I helped the other moms clean up. I didn't even think to ask the other moms if they were taking their kids home or leaving them for the rest of the day. So, when I went to pick up Abigail she was the only one in her class! I felt horrible! Abigail didn't seem to mind, but I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. Next year, I'll remember to ask the other parents if they're going to take their kids home instead of leave them for the rest of the day.
Placemat Abigail made with her handprint.

Setting up for the little indians.

My precious little indian. Abigail's indian name was "Dancing Bee."

Abigail & all the girls in her class. There's only 1 boy & he was out sick.

Abigail & Daddy!

Abigail & Mommy!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I love their little Indian names. Love "Dancing Bee." So cute. That and the end of the year program are probalby my two events that are done all year. I can't believe I will only have ONE feast to attend there next year. Wahhhh. And sorry I didn't warn you that some of the kids leave. I bet she LOVED all the attention though. :P)

Kristyn said...

Very cute! Glad she had a great time! I can't wait for Jayce to do it next year. This year he was in MDO, so he didn't really do a feast. They did it with their class, but parents didn't really come. But next year it will be cool. Love her hand print. I think we are going to do that with all our nephews on Thanksgiving. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!