Monday, December 13, 2010

Dickens on the Strand 2010

A few weeks ago, we went to Galveston for the night. Friday night, James & I took Abigail to the Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens. Abigail enjoyed looking at all the Christmas lights. James took her ice skating, but it was so crowded they only went around the rink one time. Abigail got to play in some snow, which was really crushed ice. We also made some smores around a campfire. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be, but I guess my expectations were too high. We stayed at my parent's condo in Galveston.

Saturday morning, we went to breakfast and went to Dickens on the Strand. Abigail couldn't wait to ride on the ponies. She also rode an elephant & a camel and then asked what else could she ride. We spent the whole day walking around the shops at the strand while we waited for the parade to start. Abigail enjoyed seeing all the people dressed up. There wasn't really too much for the children, but Abigail had a good time. James & I enjoyed getting to spend the day with my parents by ourselves, usually we are always together with the whole family.
Family pic with Mr. & Mrs. Clause

Mimi & Honey with Mr. & Mrs. Clause

Abigail riding the pony!


Daddy & Abigail riding the elephant.


Mimi & Abigail riding the camel.


Daddy & Abigail at the Festival of Lights.


Playing in the snow.


No comments: