Thursday, September 15, 2011

Abigail's 1st week of Pre-K

Abigail started Pre-k last week, but I'm just now getting around to posting pics. Abigail was very excited to start school as all her friends had started school the week or so before she did. I found a cute painted horse back pack for Abigail that came with a matching lunch box for free. I ordered a back to school dress from someone who makes adorable little girl clothes. I was so excited about Abigail's first day of school too. I was quickly reminded that being a Mom requires you to go with the flow & not have certain expectations! I wanted to have the perfect posed "First Day of School" pics & that did not happen! Abigail woke up in a cranky mood. I had to force her to put the dress on for school. Then, she was trying to be little miss independent & put her back pack on herself & smashed her finger. So, the opportunity to have a happy girl & take any pictures was over. Abigail was being super clingy & had James carry her into the school. She wouldn't let him put her down to take pictures. Abigail even had a moment of hesitation before going into her classroom before we left, which isn't like her at all. I snapped a quick picture of her putting away her back pack before we left. Abigail had a good first day & seems to like her class & her teachers. Abigail isn't one to talk and answer a bunch of questions when I ask her about her day. She usually ends up telling us later on when she's in the mood to talk. Abigail had a lot of changes over the summer with adjusting to a new baby to moving to sleeping in a different bed, so I think getting back on a schedule & in a routine will be good for her. I think it's going to be a great year for her!

The only picture I was able to get of Abigail on the 1st day of school!

The special dress I had made for Abigail's 1st day!

2nd Day of School! She was in a much better mood & very excited that her baby doll had a matching outfit!

Abigail's cute back pack!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Love the dress!!! So cute!! She is going to have a great year and you guys are going to LOVE Robyn!!! :)