Friday, September 16, 2011

Jacob's 1st Night in his Crib

Two weeks ago, I decided it was time to move Jacob upstairs to his own room & to the crib. I was wanting to wait until Jacob was sleeping through the night, but it was time. Jacob was in our room sleeping in the bassinet by my bed. Every time he moved, the whole bassinet would shake. If he just started making noises, I would jump up to feed him because I was worried he would wake up James. I didn't get as emotional as I thought I would & everyone slept great! I put Jacob to bed awake & swaddled. Those ugly hospital blankets make perfect swaddling blankets. I gave Jacob his paci & lovie and walked out of the room. He was sound asleep within minutes. Abigail was so excited that Jacob would be sleeping upstairs with her now. She couldn't wait to go in his room the next morning to wake him up.

Update: Jacob is still sleeping very well upstairs in his crib. He has slept through the nights several times, but not consistently just yet. He is a little congested right now so he's not eating as much during the day, so he's waking up at least one time during the night to eat. I'm working on getting a nap routine for him, but it's difficult with more than one child. So, for now I'm just letting him nap when he wants to, which is usually in his infant carrier when we're running errands or shuttling Abigail to & from school. However, when we're at home I'm working with getting him to nap in his crib. Jacob is such a good baby! He's so laid back & goes with the flow!
I put him in his crib awake!

And not even 5 minutes later he was sound asleep!

Why does the bed look so big empty?

A view of the nursery with the crib. It's not a great picture, but oh well.

1 comment:

ChrissyK said...

Ashley, Jacob is so precious. I had the privilege of getting to hold him in the nursery this past Sunday.

This is great that he is getting to sleep in his crib now... and you are so right that the ugly hospital blankets make the best swaddlers. It was the same for us.

Yay Jacob!!! Im so glad that you are starting to sleep through the night... and I know your mom is too.