Tuesday, October 25, 2011

5 Months Old

I can't believe that Jacob is already 5 months old! Time is going by so fast! I was a little late with his 4 month check up & shots, which I'm sure is perfectly normal for a second child right? It's also very difficult to find the time to update my blog. I want to make time to update the blog because I have always been better at blogging than updating the baby book. So, I will work on making time for updating the blog in my already hectic schedule.
4 months stats:
15 lbs. 5.6 oz. (40%)
24.75 " (23%)
Jacob had a reaction on one of his legs to one of the shots. The area of the shot site got really red & knotted up. He never ran a fever & it didn't seem to bother him, but we went back to the doctor just to double check. A few days later, we discovered that he's allergic to the milk proteins in formula. We tried to give him formula for the first time & he had an allergic reaction. He kept spitting up & dry heaving & then he broke out in hives all over his body. It was VERY scary because he was choking on his spit up. Thankfully I had some friends over, so they were able to stay with Abigail until my in-laws could get to our house. At the emergency room Jacob was given benadryl & an oral steroid. He was tired from all the medication, but back to himself the next day. I followed up with the pediatrician the following Monday who recommend I try soy formula. Well, Jacob turned his nose up at the soy formula. So, this Mama's just going to have to make pumping a priority if I want to be able to leave Jacob with other people.

What Jacob's doing at 5 months:
-sitting up unassisted, but isn't steady yet
-loves his jumper & could bounce all day if I'd let him
-rolling from tummy to back & almost all the way from back to tummy, but not quite
-he babbles & coos, but he's been doing that for a while now
-scoots backwards when you put him on his tummy
-can move all around when he's laying on his back playing on his floor mat
-grabs & plays with toys, his fine motor skills amaze me
-loves his big sister & watches every move she makes
-enjoys being outside
-smiles all the time
That's all I can remember at the moment. I am still sleep deprived. Jacob still wakes up during the night to eat.







No comments: