Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast @ Sonkids 2011

Last week, Abigail's preschool had their annual Thanksgiving Feast. I know I've said this before on my blog, but I LOVE Abigail's preschool. I love the program, the teachers, the staff, the fact that I know my child is being prayed over each day she walks in the classroom, and I could keep going on and on. The Thanksgiving Feast is one of my favorite things that Sonkids does each year. I didn't know what to expect last year because it was our first year. The gym is all set with tables on the ground for the children to sit down & have lunch together. Each classroom decorates their tables with centerpieces & place mats made by the children. I was excited to see what Abigail made this year. Each class is responsible for the food for the children in the class. The staff all bring food & share with the parents. It's a time for the school to come together & break bread together. This year, after I helped clean up the mess I took Abigail home from school early. Last year I didn't take her home & when I went to pick her up she was the only one left in her class. Even though she was only there for an hour or so by herself with her teachers, I still felt terrible. So, this year Abigail got to leave school early & we went to visit Mimi & Honey since Mimi was so kind to watch Jacob while I was at the Thanksgiving feast.

Abigail listed a few of the things she's thankful on the turkey's feathers.

The tables all set waiting for the children.

Cute centerpiece that Abigail's class made. What a cute idea using their handprints as feathers.

My little pilgrim

Abigail was excited that Mommy & Daddy came to eat lunch with her.



Abigail's class eating their Thanksgiving feast together.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Don't you love Sonkids Feast?? One of my favorite things they do besides the Spring program. Hope you guys are all feeling well and you have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!